Information about Covid-19, travel restrictions and safety precautions
Important message to our international guests
Entry quarantine upon arrival in Norway
If you travel to Norway from abroad, you will, as a general rule, have to quarantine for 10 days after arrival in Norway. Some countries and areas are exempt from this requirement. Information from the National Institute of Public Health and updated maps can be found here:
This map changes at least every 14 days. Countries and areas that are exempt from the quarantine obligation may have a quarantine obligation introduced at short notice. You do must quarantine even if you have a negative test result, the 10 days apply regardless.
Geilolia’s cabins and apartments cannot be used for entry quarantine.
We can require documentation that guests who are to check in have been in Norway for at least 10 days.
If you have a booking with us and the country you are traveling from becomes “red” before arrival in Norway, you can not check in. However, you can cancel for free until the day before arrival.
The individual guest is responsible for ensuring that the quarantine requirement is complied with, but accommodation establishments may refuse guests to use hotels and rental cabins / apartments for the entry quarantine.
Quarantine in case of symptoms or after close contact with Covid-19 cases
If you have to be quarantined after arrival because you get respiratory symptoms or it turns out that you have been in close contact with someone who has detected Covid-19, you can of course do this in the unit you rent.
We ask that the reception is notified so that the accommodation can be disinfected and kept out of operation a time after check-out. We can also help so you can get food delivered.
Here’s how we fight infection and make sure you are safe on your vacation
Government regulations and industry standards:
- We comply with all requests from the authorities for infection control
- We follow NHO Reiseliv’s Industry Standard for accommodation companies – “Safe accommodation”
Cleaning and laundry:
- All cabins are thoroughly cleaned by our cleaning team after each stay
- Bed linen and towels are provided from a professional laundry service
Check in, check out and payments
- You will receive information about contactless check in and check out before arrival
- Keys are disinfected before delivery
- All payments are digital (Credit card or payment link)
- Antibac is available at the reception and at key pickup points
You should always feel safe at Geilolia Hyttetun!
We follow the government’s advice and research on the coronavirus and update these guidelines on infection control as new information arrives.